Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Maybe that candidacy psychologist knew what she was talking about...

I was just surfing around, catching up on friends' blogs and I came across this link on Jim's now deceased blog. He's more Lutheran than I - I think he scored in the 90s. Then again, he's in the midst of his final term at the Castle and is taking a course on Lutheran Church History. All the questions about Lutheran churches and their related initials hurt the score.

Oh, the candidacy quip? Well...when I was undergoing my psychological evaluation, the church's psychologist said she didn't think I was very Lutheran because I tested out as an ENFP. Somehow, I mustered up the courage to diplomatically share with her that I found her statement troubling because I've been a Lutheran all my life. She stated that the Lutheran church is made up primarily of ISTJs and that, with all my passion and enthusiasm, I might want to consider Pentecostalism. No joke.

You are 84% Lutheran! This is most certainly true.

Not a perfect score. What does this mean? You have room for growth in understanding Lutheran terminology and culture. Good thing Salvation is by Grace and not by merit. We can add nothing to what God has done for us in Christ Jesus. But it never hurts to learn a little more about the church on earth. Thanks for taking the quiz!

How Lutheran Are You?
Create a Quiz

4 comments:

mark said...

i'm an ENFP!

let's go Pentecostal together!

Tara Ulrich said...

Just wanted you to know Im still here in ND. Im sorry to hear Minky is sick. Thats no fun. I miss you all tons! Happy Holy Week!

Gracious God, may you place your healing hand on SKDO's children so they are no longer healthy. Give her the peace she needs to get through this holy week. In your name I pray...Amen!

Tara Ulrich said...

I should have proofed my comment before I posted it. Sorry in my sleepiness, I made a mistake in my prayer so Im going to try this again.

Gracious God, may you place your healing hand on SKDO's children so they are no longer sick. Give her the peace and relaxion she needs to get through this Holy Week. In your name I pray. Amen!

Skdo said...

Mark - We could be co-pastors! It'd be so cool! :)