Saturday, April 07, 2007

So Where's My Servant?

On Thursday, the kids had spring break. Since Holy Week is upon us, they came to work with me and hung out in the youth room while I worked. We brought some strawberries along with us for a snack...here's the conversation that transpired in the church kitchen:

Me: Here's a bowl to rinse the strawberries in, and here are bowls for each of you. Make sure you bring them back to the kitchen and clean them when you're done.

Minky: Why?

Me: Because we need to clean up after ourselves.

Minky (matter-of-factly): Why can't your servants do it?

Me: My servants?

Minky: (again, matter-of-factly) Yeah...all pastors have servants....why can't your servants clean up the mess?

Me: Minky, I do not have servants.

Minky (rolling his eyes in complete and utter disbelief): Mom...I know that pastors have servants...c'mon.

1 comment:

Tara Ulrich said...

Wow...I didnt know that pastors have servants! I better go check on that one! :P Also wanted to pop in and wish you a Happy Easter! Miss you tons! Christ is risen! Christ is risen indeed!