Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I'll never lose my keys again!

As many of you know, I am notorious for losing my keys, my Palm Pilot, my remote control, my sanity...

Years ago as I perused that cool mail order catalog found in the seat pocket in front of me, I came across the Sharper Image pages. Ever since, I have coveted the remote control finder thing. Last week, I finally gave in and bought one.

It arrived yesterday and now I'm hooked! The remote has a locator, the cell phone has one, my Palm Pilot has one. I may even put one on the dog and on Minky (ok...just kidding). Whenever an item can't be found, you just get the locator (conveniently kept on the fridge using a magnetized base) and press the appropriate button and BEEP BEEP BEEP! Too cool.

The genius who created the device even answered Rab's skeptical concern: what if you lose the base? Not so fast, oh skeptic! The base has a setting for an alarm that will sound if the locator is left off the base.

The person who designed this device is my hero. As long as I remember, anyway.

3 comments:

Tara Ulrich said...

Sounds like a pretty neat device! Hope you have a great day! So good to see you blogging again!

Scott said...

I am SO going to buy one of those for my wife. I've learned through hard experience that I need to keep everything in the same place all the time, but she can't seem to get that one yet.

Any way I can attach one of the beepers to her reading glasses?

Again, glad you're back.

mark said...

What I want to know is if Scott is buying one to hook a beeper on to his wife, so he knows where she is all the time :)

And I've kept checking to see when you'd write again. I know you too well to think that you'd stop blogging forever :)