Saturday, May 26, 2007

Veni Sancte Spiritus!

Tomorrow is Pentecost. I can hardly wait. I am a huge language junkie. Pentecost is the day for us language people. We can get away with all kinds of stuff.

In worship tomorrow, a youth will read the first lesson in Spanish, a retired pastor will read the second lesson in Norwegian, and I'll read the gospel in French.

The hymn following the sermon will be Veni Sante Spiritus ("Come, Holy Spirit) - one of my favorite hymns sung by one of our best soloists in multiple languages with the congregation repeating the refrain in Latin.

Then, to top it all off, the benediction will be chanted in Hebrew thanks to this awesome site.

Venga Espirito Santo! Viens saint-esprit!

Veni Sancte Spiritus! Komm Heiliger Geist!

Come Holy Spirit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came across this site be accident but did enjoy your picture symbolizing the Holy Spirit. Thanks Margaret Fauchelle