Thursday, March 15, 2007

Now I've Seen It All

I just sorted through my mail. Millions of trees could be saved each year just from the junk mail that pastors receive. Today, I received the straw that broke this camel's back: an ad for solvefamilyproblems.com. This mailing has the following ad (caps are theirs):

A couple comes in with Marriage Problems...
You can see that Anger is part of the root problem. Instead of you taking several hours to walk with them through how to deal with this problem of Anger, you are able to send home the DVD's of "Anger the Destroyer" and "God's Way to Deal with Your Wrong Emotions" for them to watch over the next week.

I'm so glad to know TV and technology can now take over for my pastoral care pains. God knows that as a pastor the last thing I want to do is build relationships and walk with my parishoners. Maybe the next series will provide sermons so I don't have to preach... I wonder if people can be baptized by DVD too.

No comments: