Monday, December 18, 2006

My Spirited Child

I'm not sure who fired who, but Minky is now officially done with the reading tutor. It's a story for another time...maybe I'll edit this post and add it later.

Anyway, after the smoke cleared, Minky and I went for a drive so he could have some space. Fifteen minutes later, I pulled into a relatively empty parking lot and went to the back of the van to talk with him. Initially, we decided together that he wanted to do joint compressions (it's an occupational therapy thing for sensory-challenged kids, we do it all the time around here). I massaged one arm and compressed the joints and began to reach for the second arm only to find Minky uncooperative. I looked at him and gently said, "You need to cooperate with me, bud, I'm all you've got right now." He looked up at me with those big blue eyes and answered matter-of-factly, "No, Mommy, I've also got my spirit."

Thanks, God, for reminding me you were part of the puzzle.

1 comment:

Susan Miller said...

Oh...sweet spirit!