Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Why Today is a Good Day

Our morning started out horrendous. Minky was woken up during a dream and he stewed and spit and hollered his way through the first 45 minutes of his day. He was carried to the carpool van. It was ugly. At 8:15 a.m., I call Rab and asked him if he wanted to go out for a drink NOW!

The day became progressively better. How could it not?! I caught up on blog reading, printed the rest of my ordination announcements and envelopes, had lunch with Rab at Los Aztecas (yum!), went on a quest to find materials for a scroll for my ordination, and found a cool magazine at Borders called Old-House Interiors. Man, they publish magazines for everything! I'm hoping this one inspires us as we decorate the Cute Gray House. The entire errand event was met with the croonings of Jimmy Buffett and my new Wrigley Field CD.

I also mailed the ordination announcements. I kind of feel like a bride who has taken one of those final pre-wedding steps and realizes that there's no backing out now. Then I dropped off an ordination announcement at the Castle. They post them on a bulletin board there. Seeing the lit Christmas tree in the hallway, I proposed my announcement be adorned in blinking lights.

When I arrived home, not only did I find the latest Oprah magazine awaiting me, but I found a Christmas card from my alma mater and a new Coldwater Creek catalog. How much better does it get than this?!

No comments: