Monday, December 04, 2006

Tag, I'm it

Cool. Susan has tagged my blog. My first tag. At this point, it's cool. If the rest of you begin inundating me with tags, it could get old. ;)

So I'm supposed to tell you 6 weird things about me. That shouldn't be hard...I'm kind of weird anyway. Although I tend to prefer the terms funky, ecclectic, and creative. Now what haven't I already told you, my dear readers, that would make for an exciting tag?

1. I have an "I'm a Native Oregonian" obsession. See, few of the people who live in Oregon were actually born there - the Californians inundated Oregon in the 80s and 90s and tried to take it over. Much of Oregon is made up of transplants. I, though, am a 4th generation native Oregonian. My great-great-grandfather, Francois Xavier Matthieu (old dude in the center), was actually involved in the decision about Oregon's statehood. He was born in French Canada in 1818 and was an early Oregon pioneer. He voted for the first provisional government in Oregon and my grandparents always told me he was the deciding vote. He also survived all the other voters and, when he died, the DAR placed a bronze plaque at Champoeg Park to old Frank that says "To honor one of those patriots who on May 2, 1843 at Champoeg saved the Oregon country to this nation." So I'm not only a native, I'm like an Oregon version of the Daughters of the American Revolution Native. He was in the Oregon Legislature and he even renamed a city (I guess he had the authority to do so...): Oxford became Butteville. Nowadays, Butteville is a teeny tiny town with some cool antique stores. Rab and I even bought some antiques there once. Maybe the tables we bought used to belong to Old Frank...who knows?

2. Speaking of Francois, he was married to an American Indian (or maybe that was his dad...). So, believe it or not for those of you who have seen my Scandanavian skin, I am 1/16 (or 1/32 if I'm off a generation) American Indian - just enough to not benefit from the great Federal Government scholarship opportunities.

3. My dream car is a Jeep Wrangler.

4. I own a sweater that Mark the little brother I never had calls my Magic Carpet Sweater. The first time he saw it, he asked how many magic carpets had to die so I could have the sweater. It's one of my favorite pieces of clothing! In fact, I think I'll wear it TODAY!

5. One of my dream careers is to be an orchestra conductor.

6. One of Rab's pet names for me is Sally - as in When Harry Met Sally - because I like sauces and dressings on the side and because I am high maintenance but like to think of myself as low maintenance.

7. As long as we're talking about food, I'm going to add a 7th weird thing. I tend to eat all of one thing on my plate before moving on to another thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, the eating thing- not weird at all.. i definately do it too!

Susan Miller said...

Both you and kk are weird! I stir mine up all together and then eat it as some type of casserole. That's normal.

Great weird list. I knew you would do the game proud!