Saturday, August 12, 2006

I love Robert

So there's this absolutely adorable 6 year old boy in our neighborhood. His name is Robert. Every time I interact with him, I end up laughing. He always calls us "Mr. ?s" and "Mrs. ?s" - our name with an 's' at the end (as in "Mrs. Moyers" if our last name was Moyer). I think that's because he always hears us referered to as "The ?s".

He and his family were gone for a year and recently returned. A week or so ago when they moved back, C and I both had Robert Stories within the first afternoon.

Robert's brother is babysitting our boys today beginning at 4 and Robert came up to me this afternoon and said, "Mrs. ?s - I need to find out for my brother...what time do the boys go to bed?" It just cracked me up - here's this 6 year old finding out what time my 2 boys, both older than him, need to be put to bed.

The stories from the day they moved back are funny, too. Story 1: Over the year they were gone, C decided to start shaving his head because he was loosing his hair. Robert saw him the day he returned and said, "Whaaa......whaaa......whaaaa.....WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR?!" Story 2: Robert picked up where he left off and knew that he was welcome to just open the door and c'mon in our house any time. He and TT were playing and had gone outside. About 20 minutes or so after they went out to play, Robert came cruising in in a casual manner all alone. I asked him where TT was and he rolled his eyes, lifted up his hand and said, "Oh, Mrs. ?s....he's out there playing with his girlfriend." I didn't know TT had a girlfriend, but I guess Moms are always the last to know.

Just minutes ago, Robert came bursting in our house in a panic. "This is serious!!! Your black cat is trying to run away!!!" he announced. Funny thing is, we are the only ones in the area with cats that go outside and neither of our cats is black...

3 comments:

Em said...

We also loved Robert -- how I wish we were there somedays and other days we are enjoying AR. Em

Tara Ulrich said...

He is such a great kid. I miss him along with many other children from the neighborhood. I hope to hear more great Robert stories!

Anonymous said...

Robert yelled at me the other day cause i touched his hair... i dont think he likes me :(