Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Minnesota adventures

My buddy Mark wrote up the adventures of our visit to Minnesota a couple weekends ago. He did such a great job, there's no need for me to type up my own version (yeah - and I'm lazy). Check out the story - it's pretty funny. Just click on the title of this post and the link will take you to his blog.

In typical skdo fashion, I just need to add one comment. The next day, when we were waiting for The Awesomes to arrive, I said "I think I hear them!" with a great deal of excitement in my voice even though I didn't hear them at all. Watching Mark jump up and look out the window was worth the prank. C caught my eye and I began giggling and then my motive was obvious. Mark took it fairly well.

Poor Mark. I figured out while we were on this trip that he's like the younger brother I never had. It's so much fun to bug him.

During the trip, TT had some classic lines. We were driving through the town where Mark had done CPE (the hospital chaplaincy rotation all ELCA seminarians do). TT said with great shock, "Did you have to do mouth-to-mouth?!" We didn't really follow why he would ask that until TT said, "You know...when somebody has a heart attack and you have to do CPE on them." The other great line was when we stopped at a Culvers, ate and then got all buckled into the van to keep travelling. TT remembered that he got a free ice cream with his meal and I was already buried in the back between the portable DVD, the middle row of seats and God knows what else. TT gave Mark the big blue eye treatment (he calls it his Puss in Boots look) and said, "Omega please, Mark, will you go get my ice cream cone? Super Omega please!!!!" Good ole Mark did it and made little Greek TTs day.

No comments: