Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's official

We're talking about the name change. I'm officially skdo now. The Judge just signed it. I was right about it being a guy, but he wasn't wearing a black robe. I guess they only get dressed up for the big cases.

The whole event only took about 20 minutes and most of that time involved commuting to the courthouse, parking the car, and waiting until the magic hour of 8:30 when the judge entered the room. He asked if this change was for me, if I was changing my children's names, and if I had any ID then he signed the paper. It was that simple.

I got in the car and Grand Illusion by Styx was playing on the stereo. A bit ironic, don't you think? The actual line that was being sung: "And still we wonder who the hell we are..." A bit more ironic.

I came home and TT asked where I had been. I told him I changed my name to Julio. He scrunched up his face, cocked his head and said, "So you're not S any more????" Then I told him what I'd really changed my name to and TT said he was changing his name to TCAOD (he already has 2 middle names, now he wants 2 last names like Mom). I told him he'd need to talk to the judge about that and, in true TT fashion (this time with charm and not oppositional tendencies), he said, "I don't need the judge to say it's ok, Mommy. I say it's ok."

No comments: