Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Today is a GREAT day

What a day. I arranged for a sitter and was able to run all those annoying errands that seem to pile up on my to do list.

I found out that I get to attend Wartburg Youth Certification school from Sept 11-29. YAY! It will be great fun! I'm so looking forward to it and my friend, PMC, will be one of my instructors. I plan on giving him a really hard time!

The American Cancer Society Discovery shop was having a huge sale and I got a pair of new jeans for $4.00, a pair of barely used slacks for $4.50 and this cool top for $9.00 (is it me or what?!). I love bargains!

Then, this afternoon, I was sitting up by the mailboxes talking to KK and my buddy D. D convinced me I need to get a job. Not only did she do that, but she actually took me down to her employer, introduced me, and basically got me the job! I'll be working with senior citizens taking them to medical appointments, running errands for and/or with them, providing light housekeeping (yeah, laugh all you like!), and preparing some meals (yeah...now you can roar!). The cool thing is that they totally will work with my schedule and I'll work when the kids are in school. I will also work some overnight shifts 2-3 times a week where I stay at their home and I'm there in case of emergency.

3 comments:

Em said...

I want to be back in Dubuque w/you and D. But the kids are in school lucky me :)

Tara Ulrich said...

How awesome! Sounds like a perfect job for you. I want to be in Dubuque so I can go shopping at the discovery shop. Thats where I got my suit that I wore for my WTS senior pic. Now I want to go shopping but its a little late and I really should hit the sack now!

mark said...

You should share with everyone about how your new shirt traumatized your cat.