Thursday, November 30, 2006

Reindeer Games

The more I ponder the whole bidding war thing, the more at peace I am about walking from the house in the country. The sellers disregarded our deadline date without any communication or apology then spit in our face (admittedly, perhaps they spit back in reaction to our low offer). This afternoon, the realtor sent me their counter-offer even though we are not accepting it. The counter made me all the happier that we've decided not to play their reindeer games. It's all corporate and no humanity. I refuse to give money to such a venture. I'm talking my money back and not playing.

The Cute Gray Charmer, my new name for our new house, is a better investment anyway and the seller is in a situation where our buying the house helps a difficult life situation. It's a win-win and, from what I can tell already, she is approaching the offer with a human mentality. The Charmer was built in 1870 and comes with a home inspection already completed. There are minor, naggy things to fix (like a handrail on the basement stairs heading outside), but nothing major. The Charmer has been rewired, replumbed, has a new water heater, newer AC, new top-of-the-line windows and a tin roof. People tell me the tin roof is a great thing. Regardless, it's cute and seems to fit the house's style. As long as the cat doesn't go on it when it's hot outside, we're in good shape. Get it?

No comments: