Thursday, November 30, 2006

What is your quest?

This morning, I headed out to find Minky a new winter coat. Why is it that every year, the first 20 degree day finds us in a frenzy as we search for matching gloves, a winter coat that actually zips, and a hat? We know the weather is coming, we even begin to hope for a school delay, but somehow, we aren't prepared when the predicted-morning arrives.

I began my quest at Goodwill. You just never know what you'll find there and the prices can't be beat. The Dubuque Goodwill is actually one of the nicest Goodwills I've ever seen. I had no luck in the kid's coat department, but I did find some treasures: 2 cute metal pumpkins for $1.00, a spicerack for $1.00, an Erma Bombeck book for 25 cents, a bunch of kid's books for Minky for 25 cents each, and, the bargain of all bargains, a CD for $2 called Music for Lonely Housewives. The title made it too good to pass up. It's a compilation of great hits from the 70s like One Less Bell to Answer and I Will Survive. I'm going to go hit the disco...ummmm...errr...my minivan stereo now.

PS I found a winter coat for Minky at Kohl's. With my 15% off coupon and today's sale, I got a Nike double layer coat (where one layer can be used independent of the other) for about $40. Not bad, eh?

No comments: