Thursday, November 09, 2006

Oh, an update? You'd like an update?

I just posted the last post and noticed that I ended with the idea of packing boxes. I suppose an update is in order so you don't get the idea that I'm so aimless that I'm going around packing boxes for the fun of it.

My name goes before the church council at Jordan in Jerusalem next Monday (I misunderstood this - a few posts ago I wrote that my name would go to the Council last Tuesday but I was mistaken). This is GREAT news. The call committee unanimously voted on Tuesday to move forward with the call process. They feel great about it, I feel great about it, the kids can't wait to get a dog, and C is wondering how he'll survive in a town of 3,500.

We've begun internet shopping for houses and have a few we're ready to check out. Hopefully, we'll be able to get over to Jerusalem the weekend of the 18th. Even more hopefully, we'll be able to find a house in a day. C and I have a history for being really picky about our housing. I think we looked at over 50 houses the first time we bought a house. The second time, I think we looked at about 20. Considering that realtor.com only lists 29 houses for sale in all of Jerusalem, I think we'll have to adjust our ways just a bit this time around.

I've begun planning my ordination, too. Ok, I admit it, much of it has already been planned (doing so involved computer work afterall). My buddy Soul Friend may even be playing at the ordination. He has a date conflict but he's checking out his options. It would be so cool if he could be there. Many of my friends have said they want to come and I'd so love it if they did. The ordination is tentatively set for December 31 - yeah, crazy, huh? - so I'm not sure how many will actually be able to make it. Pastor Awesome already has a big New Year's party planned so the Awesomes aren't going to be there. :( I hope the others can make it.

I'm still pondering the great interview. It was such a natural fit. As I sat in the interview, I thought to myself, Now, these are the type of people I would want to hang out with at a local pub. We laughed and joked and I was completely myself. I was talking to a friend the other day about the whole phenomena. This church not only wants me because of who I am, but they wouldn't want me if I weren't who I am.

A few years ago, I would have worked so hard to appear to be whomever I thought others wanted me to be. My cameleon-ways. Luckily, with the help of the Spirit, a few key friends, and some life experience, I got over that idea. It takes a lot less energy to just be myself, and I'm much happier with the results.

7 comments:

Tara Ulrich said...

Ill be praying for you on Monday. And Im super excited about your ordination being tentatively set for Dec 31. Since it is New Years, since I have Fridays off and since there is no Sunday School on that Sunday, I think I can swing this one and make it to your ordination. WOOO HOOO! Well I suppose I should get back to work. Miss ya lots!

Skdo said...

Wow -really? It's in Portland.

Tara Ulrich said...

YES REALLY!!! I remembered you telling me it was in Portland. I started saving up already. Ill either fly or take the train. I think it will be fun to get to come to your ordination! And having some advance notice helps me to be able to plan too!

Anonymous said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anonymous said...

haha, notice how the "OOOOs" go off the page? THAT IS BECAUSE I WAS SO EXCITED I FORGOT TO BREATH!!!

mark said...

that's pretty cool, i guess.


















actually, that is VERY awesome and you know I am very, extremely, ecstatically happy for you.

Susan Miller said...

How absolutely wonderful! Good for you, yipeeee, good luck on the move, keep updating and so on and so forth.