Saturday, November 04, 2006

Jordan in Jerusalem

I'm so excited I can barely write. Yesterday, I had an interview at Jordan in Jerusalem. IT WAS AWESOME! The call committee was so great - very down to earth, honest and authentic. In some ways, the whole interview felt like I was sitting down with a group of people I'd want to have as friends - it didn't feel hard or uncomfortable or difficult. It was a fit and it seemed so natural.

I feel so called to pastor these wonderful people, and apparently the feeling is mutual. They sent me an email this afternoon telling me that I'm prime candidate #1, and they are coming to hear me preach tomorrow. Their attendance will nearly double the size of the little country church where I'm preaching.

C and I stayed overnight in Jerusalem at a bed and breakfast owned by one of the church members. It was a darling place with scrumptious food and a hospitable hostess. We didn't want to leave - being served a feast for breakfast in a fancy dining room was such a treat! High Ropes Amy stayed with the kids and they all did great. What a blessing to have her around to help out.

Jerusalem is a small town and has a charm that seemed to fill my veins. There is a small quaint downtown, some great antique stores, a couple good restaurants, a Piggly Wiggly (yay - I'm big on the pig!), a VFW tank, one elementary school, one junior high and one high school. There's a nice workout facility, a Curves, and even a Mickey Ds and a Subway. It's also really central and within 2 hours from a number of larger cities and towns. A few places are only about 1/2 hour away. We didn't see them, but apparently there are quite a few outdoor options too: a pool, a hiking/biking trail, a golf course, etc.

The Jordan church building was built in the 60s and utilizes space well. Somebody was thinking when the church was built - proven by the fact that the congregation also purchased the adjacent lot. The worship space ROCKS - movable altar and pulpit, flexible space, great sound system, and an open, airy architecture.

Wow...who knows...maybe I'll be growing up and becoming a pastor afterall. Crazy.

2 comments:

mark said...

A call at last, a call at last! Thank God Almighty, she has a call at last!

Perhaps a wee bit premature, but it is still exciting.



And my apologies to the late Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Anonymous said...

Your writing is brilliant Sandi.I read your whole 100 list and laughed out loud. I look forward to readindg your blog as much as my weekly People magazine.Which is pure nonsense but my 1 guilty pleasure.(Okay, 1 out of 2 or 3,whos counting) Thanks for sharing so much of you and your life with us. Love you, Shan