Sunday, November 05, 2006

Preach it, sister, preach it

The sermon today went off without a hitch. The call committee folks found the eensy weensy church without any problem and the locals welcomed them warmly. I didn't think my sermon was my best work, but the eensy weensy church folks, who'd be completely honest if it sucked, told me I "hit a home run." The Matriarch said with a mixture of excitement (for me) and disappointment (for herself), "They're nuts about you." This came after she spent some time telling the call committee folks what a "gem" I am. Man...I gotta remember to pay those folks before I leave town! ;)

One of the call committee members became teary during the sermon and prayers - C always says my best sermons drive others to tears. I think that's a good thing... The other call committee member asked me if I'd accept the call if it was offered and I said, "Yes!" We then began talking about the houses for sale in the area and which neighborhoods were the best.

After church, I learned how to put a video online (so the other call committee members could see a sermon sample), and then I promptly spent the rest of the day watching old home movies and attempting to figure out how to put my archaic Handycam memories onto my fairly new Viao (let's just say the solution involved two trips to Radio Shack and isn't cheap...).

Tuesday, my name goes before the council. This is starting to get kinda strange.

4 comments:

mark said...

is it a video sample of this latest sermon?

if so, then you need to share with me how to see it.

even if it isn't, i'm not sure i've ever seen you preach, besides your senior sermon, and that was a long time ago. And with my age, I'm not sure I remember that much about it. so you need to e-mail me with how to see this one.

you know my e-mail.

Tara Ulrich said...

Im with Mark. I would like to hear this sermon too if thats possible. But Im even more excited that this could be it for you...that this could be the call you have been waiting and longing for. I will pray for you. Miss ya lots!

Shana said...

yay! glad to hear it! :-D

Susan Miller said...

Once again, congratulations! It sounds like an incredible opportunity and I await the stories.