Sunday, September 24, 2006

Buffett Bound Baby!


My great faraway friend, Journey Girl, forwarded an email to me from the amphitheatre near her house the other day. She (jokingly I found out later...) put a comment to the effect of, "so, want to come to Santa Barbara in October?????" at the top of an announcement about a Jimmy Buffett concert.


Journey Girl knows me very, very well and I'm surprized she thought that Buffett was something to joke about. As soon as I got her email, I logged on to NWA.com and booked a flight to Santa Barbara using my airmiles. I really did. Then I emailed her with the flight plans. On my way up to campus, I called her and she was so surprized I was coming! (Good thing I called...)

Anyway, if the phone doesn't ring from October 18-22, it's me (That's a play on a Buffett song for those of you non-Parrotheads).

No comments: