Friday, September 01, 2006

Thanks, but no thanks

The Assistant to the Bishop was a peach when I told him I was removing my name for consideration at the congregation I recently visited. We had a wonderful conversation and he was very supportive of my decision. There are 4 solid solo pastorate possibilities for me in the synod right now. One will soon begin interviewing and 3 others may involve a bit of a wait. There are also 3 other possibilities depending upon how their processes shake out. I'm willing to wait and they are willing to hold on to me. Yay.

I also called the church and spoke to the Senior Pastor, who said he'd expected I might call and say what I had to say. He asked if there was anything I would suggest for the call team in future rounds, which was a nice gesture and showed mutuality. The staff and call team were just beginning to gather for a meeting to talk about me and their experiences with me. Guess they can just head out to coffee now...or maybe talking about me will be fun for them anyway. Let's all admit it, sometimes it's just fun to talk about people, right?

A painless, positive experience all around. Now, a bit of waiting before the next round of excitement comes on the horizon.

1 comment:

mark said...

Well, it would be nice if something would come along quickly. But I think once you find the right one, the wait will have been worth it.
And blah blah blah... right?
I know that when I was in the midst of the process I got so tired of the things that people would say to cheer me up. However, on this side of the process, I am able to see the wisdom in what they said. So hang on to that first statement. You'll appreciate it more later!
Miss you!!!