Sunday, September 24, 2006

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

Today, CH went to town on his school fundraiser. It was so wonderful to have the time to support and help him with his goal. In the past, I've sent the cursory email and not put much into the whole process. Today, though, I was able to accompany him and watch my introverted boy come alive as he suggested possible items and showed folks around the catalog. I'm so proud of him and it was WAY too cute (although I'd never use this word with him...he'd be disgusted). He exceeded his goal too - so now he'll not only get the fm radio and flying slingshot monkey, but he'll get the 25 video games in 1 unit. What will we do with ourselves? Thanks to all who couldn't resist his sweet face! The coolest part of the whole deal was catching up with my brother, my parents, my mother in law and friends near and far. What a treat.

After the sales celebrations, grief fell heavily upon our home. Gandolf the Frog died. TT blames it on Legolas, who is larger. He thinks Legolas hogged the food. There were tears, a toilet funeral, and some prayers. It was quite an event. Long live the memory of Gandolf the Frog. May he rest in peace.

1 comment:

mark said...

it's ok.

he'll come back and be all white.

just like gandalf in the movie.