Thursday, September 28, 2006

Lots of lists of 3

Tomorrow is the last day of cert school. I'll certainly miss the community, camraderie and having something meaningful to do but I won't miss being booked solid from 8:30-5:00 each day. Yeah...I know...why am I thinking I want a call if I can't handle these hours?! Pastoring may have more hours but it has more flexibility, right? At least, I hope so. Otherwise, I'm in trouble.

Today and tomorrow, we are each providing a 1/2 hour Long Range Plan for ministry. These have all been great and have provided a wealth of ideas. It's been great fun to see each presenter's personality shine through their presentation.

Since (a) I'm not a youth director, (b) I am unemployed and (c) I'm hoping the next interview leads to a call, I used the church where I should be interviewing sometime soon. I've stopped saying when I think I'll be interviewing (as in, "sometime in the next month.") because I've been saying "sometime in the next month" now for 3 weeks and there's no interview on the books for next week. Grrrr.


Here's what I know for sure (like Oprah...):

* The Assistant to the Bishop has assured me that my name will be forwarded to the congregation as soon as they're ready to interview
* Based on the congregation's handy dandy, information-filled website, the congregation and I would be a great match for each other, and
* According to their website, their paperwork is completed. Somehow, though, between the webmaster and the synod office, the paperwork either (1) didn't get mailed, or (2)was raptured, or (3)was eaten by a dog.



As long as we're on a roll with the theme of 3, here's some other tidbits:
- our cert school group has 9 participants (triple word score: 3x3)
- today at lunch, I sat with Shana, Yoda and the President and we talked about the Trinitarian understanding of God (that's at least double word score points: 3 lunch companions plus the Trinity!)
- Tomorrow I plan on running 3 errands: pick up cat food, buy new boots at Younkers and deposit Cs paycheck.


2 comments:

Shana said...

and for lunch, you at a rice thingy, potatoes, and pudding. and yoda tried three times to pretend like he was interested in small talk before launching into his response to my question. and the prez has three nipples. but that one's not actually true.

Skdo said...

I'll never look at the Prez the same way again...