Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What I've done today

This not-having-a-call life is quite the deal. I woke up this morning, got the kids ready for school, drove carpool, went to my new job and learned how to help senior citizens with limited mobility safely stand up, came home, went to coffee with Shana at Starbucks (YAY!), changed my driver's license and social security card to reflect my new name, came home and updated my blog. Oh yeah...and got slammed by Mark on Shana's blog. How do you spell a raspberry? Pllllpphhhttt to you, Mr. I've-got-a-call-and-live-near-a-big-city-now Mark. JK. ;-)

Slamming seems to be the way of the day. Shana saw me all color coordinated (purse, shoes, clothes) and hair done when we arrived at Starbucks. She made some comment to the effect of, "Wow, check you out, coordinated and put together..." It was as if she'd never seen me this way before...oh wait, maybe it has been awhile. Maybe it's not so much a slam as it is truth telling...in Shana's case anyway...

And, random musing for the day: Did you know it only costs $1.00 to get a replacement driver's license in this town? Sometimes I just love the Midwest. In the PNW, it would probably cost at least $25.

2 comments:

mark said...

You got slammed and you liked it.

Admit it.


Because, at least then you were the center of attention. ;)

Skdo said...

Blah blah blah