Friday, September 01, 2006

Yet another reason to stay put

I love the tree in front of our house. It's a kid tree. All the kids love it, climb it, and hang on it. It's the best climbing tree in the neighborhood. And it's in a handy location when us adults hang out on Friday nights and do the campfire thing.

Although tonight, it was too sultry to have a campfire. Instead, we hung out and talked and well...had some adult beverages. It was so cool - our new neighbors invited us to come join them in the front yard. It's a great sign that they are officially part of the neighborhood when new students start inviting unemployed, not-so-recently graduated students to social events. I love this place.

By the way, the kids here do have clear facial features and, no, I was not bombed and shaking when I took the picture. It's a paranoid mom-thing - I didn't want the kids' pictures on the internet.

I think I'm done posting for the day. Four posts in one day seems a bit extreme.

2 comments:

Shana said...

yes, four posts is excessive... but i read them all. so apparently it's just right. great stories.

mark said...

i miss those kids and their blurry faces.

*tear*