Sunday, October 22, 2006

Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

It's 6:57 a.m. although my body clock thinks it's nearly 9:00. This chapter is quickly drawing to a close and I find myself both buoyed by the recent dwelling in serenity and sagging as I depart the sunshine and warmth to re-enter daily life's chaos and chilling winds. Don't get me wrong - daily life, despite its sometimes shivering gusts, also has its sunny clear skies and moments of peace. It just becomes so easy to get lost in the lists and the obligations and the stresses that I neglect to dwell in life's own unique daily beauty.

So many more experiences from this time away remain to be shared and pondered. But now, I need to hop in the instantly warm waters of the shower, don my layers of insulation, and step off the terrace and back onto the ever-shifting farmlands of daily life. At least today's view makes it a bit easier to leave.

No comments: