Friday, October 27, 2006

Too bad I'm not Catholic...

I think I may have earned my way to Heaven today...if my theology aligned to such a concept.

TT woke up late. Instead of rushing him to get ready in time for carpool, we had a mellow morning and I drove him to school. This move was a much better start for everyone's day and frame of mind. When we arrived at school, we noticed (well, ok, I noticed) he didn't have his library book and his coat (yeah, we have to use those bulky things here in God's country). So I ran home, got them both and popped them in his locker at school.

While at the school, I ran into CH's TAG teacher and told her how thrilled C and I are with her teaching style and her class because it challenges CH. I told her how much CH loved her class and her assignments and she said, "I had no idea. You've made my day!"

After the school shuttles, I went to HyVee and picked up fruit for a fruit plate for the learning extravaganza in CH's class later today. When I signed up to help in his class, I wasn't thinking the work involved making fruit plates for 75, but hey...anything for my boy. I even prepped and created the fruit plates myself...after all, it didn't involve any cooking. I draw the line at cooking. We all have to have our standards. [4:15pm: C just came home and told me that I seriously need a job...not so much because I made the fruit plates but because I posted a picture of them on my blog. Sending avocados via UPS, photographing fruit plates...it's all getting a bit strange.]

Then I headed to Borders because TT has become a groupie of Uncle Jim. He discovered his website the other day and signed up for the fan club (with CH's help...how cute is that?!). TT told me he couldn't possibly live another day without the CD so I headed to Borders because Borders.com had it listed. There weren't any in stock so the manager ordered it for me. As she was ordering it, I was telling her about Jim and the CD and somehow I managed to convince her to order a bunch for the store. I guess there's yet another job option for me if this pastor gig doesn't work out...oh wait, I already did the marketing schtick! Marketing high end investments was fun while it lasted but I think I'll stick to marketing God.

Oh, and I let the cats in, fed the killer frog, and checked on the fish...that should all count for something in points toward Heaven, right? Oh yeah, and all this humility...that'll get me in.

3 comments:

Tara Ulrich said...

Ok I have to agree with C, you really do need a job. You made a fruit tray! Thats impressive since I know you dont cook. Good luck on your interview in a week or so. Miss ya lots!

mark said...

those are some might festive fruit trays! well done!

and is that man wearing footie pajamas? that's a bit odd.

Skdo said...

I too have a pair of footie PJs, Mark. What's your point?