Sunday, October 15, 2006

She turned me into a newt!! A newt??!


Ok, nobody was actually turned into a newt, but who could resist the ode to Monty Python? By the way, off topic here, did you know Ben & Jerry just came out with a new flavor? No joke and it's yummy!

Anyway, back to the story. Yeah, the one that I hadn't yet started.

TT and I went to his favorite local haunt yesterday - The Fish Shack. You may recall that Gandolf the Great Frog died awhile back. TT has been worried that the remaining frog, Legolas, is lonely. After attempting to spend a fortune (well, $20 anyway) and being told over and over and over that a $20 purchase just wasn't in his cards, we began looking at frogs. Legolas' looming loneliness was the reason for our trip to The Fish Shack in the first place - afterall, who wants a depressed frog?

Well, this really cool, young, shaggy haired guy was working the fish area yesterday and he said to TT, "Man...you should get a newt instead. Like, we've got albino frogs and frogs like the one you already have, but newts are cool." Because I hadn't suggested it, TT was sold. Shaggy let TT hold a newt. TT was definitely sold now. And I have to admit I'm rather smitten with the little devil myself. He is awesome.

So here's the new addition to our family, Mr. Unnamed Fire-Bellied Newt who TT has been referring to as Buddy. But TT swears that Buddy is not the newt's name. CH suggested all kinds of Lord of the Rings name - nope, TT insists on naming the newt himself. C and I suggested Whitey. TT was not amused. In fact, he gave us that "who are you people?!" look. We love it when we have that affect on the kids.

Countdown to Buffett concert: 4 days....it's getting CLOSER!!!!!

2 comments:

mark said...

i still think you should have bought an albino frog, while the kids were away, so that when they came home you could tell them that Gandalf returned, and he was white.
it would have been just like the movie!!!!

Shana said...

i love that look! that "we're not actually related, right?" look. so great. i always mentally give myself a point or two every time my little sister gives me one of those...