Friday, October 20, 2006

What a show!

I've got a post on my laptop that's all ready to go...but I'm on another computer right now. That post will have to wait.

Just got back from the concert. What an amazing show! David Crosby showed up and played some tunes (including Southern Cross) and local musician Jack Johnson (a la Curious George soundtrack) sounded great and chimed in on Pirate Looks at 40 and other favorites. Robert Greenidge and Peter Mayer both had amazing solos (steel drums and guitar respectively) to bring the band into Desperation Samba, one of the classics. My only disappointment was that Amy Lee wasn't there - she's my hero because she's a woman who plays the saxophone. I played the saxophone in 6th grade...but I never sounded as great as Amy Lee. Guess that's where my rock star career came to an end.

Great venue! It only holds about 4800 people so there are no bad seats. Really loved the SB Bowl - great sound, great food, great size. West Coast crowds are kind of a trip though - they all tend to sit down too much and seem to have an "entertain me" mindset. I'll take a Midwest crowd any day.

It was an amazing day: about 79, sunny and clear. I walked along the beach, up to the harbor and then along State Street (SB's main drag). Spent the afternoon asleep in a hammock on the lower terrace (more about terraces in the post from my laptop later) - yeah, life is rough here in Santa Barbara.

2 comments:

Susan Miller said...

Sounds fantastic! It's good to hear you having such a great time.

Shana said...

oh fun. glad you had a good time. i'm looking forward to hearing more about it when you get back! :)