Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Waiting

I met with my Super Amazing Spiritual Director yesterday. She and I came to the conclusion that waiting seems to be my theme (God's theme for me?) lately. Waiting for a call...waiting for answers...waiting for clarity. This waiting gig is a really tough one for me. In Midwest Nice, some would say I'm a go getter, a girl who is full of energy and zeal, ready to take on the world. In the PNW, people would call me impatient and maybe even impulsive (who, me?!!). In the South, they'd probably just call me strange and different (after all, I don't think we ever got a "fast food" order in our 10 months in the South in less than 10 minutes! From my limited experience, the words 'fast' and 'South' just plain don't go together y'all).

My SASD suggested I find some kind of talisman or trinket to center me during this time of waiting and to remind me that great things will come from this seemingly desert time. I stepped out of her office and found a magnet that said, "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly." I couldn't believe it - it was the first thing I saw and it was so fitting. Some would say this was evidence of the Holy Spirit. I usually love to believe such an idea but sometimes I have to wonder if the Holy Spirit actually has time for such little acts as to point out a magnet with a meaningful saying.

This week, I'm also waiting for the Brink of Disaster to come visit. We're going to have a campfire on Thursday night just in his honor. YAY!

1 comment:

mark said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRUGGGGGGGGGGHAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

WHY DO I HAVE TO LIVE SO FAR AWAY!!!! I WANT A CAMPFIRE!!! POOOOOPY!!!!!


ok... i'm done. i think i will survive. i hope you have a good time!